Because the upper cervical spine is the most mobile area of the entire spine, it is particularly vulnerable to injury, making it the most common location for spinal problems to occur.
Causes of misalignment of the upper cervical spine include:
- Minor Bumps On The Head
- Spinal Trauma
- Auto Accidents / Whiplash
- Falls Down Stairs, Slippery Sidewalks, etc..
- Poor Posture / Stress
- Birth Trauma / Forceps or Difficult Births
- Bike / Skate/ Motorcycle Accidents
- Head Injuries
- Falls, Whiplashes, and/or Blows to the Head During Sports: surfing, kite boarding, windsurfing, cycling, gymnastics, football, soccer, martial arts, hockey, horse back riding, etc..